Business news covered:
- A Business Improvement District for Sheffield?
- Will Aid success for solicitors Bell & Buxton.
- Could you be the voice of Meadowhall’s Woody the Talking Tree?
- MADE Festival of Entrepreneurship set to return – and Irwin Mitchell, BHP and The Sheffield College are on board.
Guests / Interviews:
- Studio guests Mike Browell and Lu Zhong from Weddle Landscape Design. As well as projects in Sheffield and the UK, Weddle have won work on numerous prestigious contracts in China. (Timings within podcast – approx 6 mins to approx 24 mins,)
- Ian Wild, chief executive of Showroom Workstation, came in to discuss a new initiative called Film Hub North, set to help bring specialised, British and archive film to a wider audience. (Approx 24 mins to approx 35 mins.)
- Bruce Davis, MD and founder of ethical, regulated crowdfunding platform Abundance and founder of peer-to-peer lender Zopa, in an interview recorded at this week’s TownFunder conference in Sheffield. (Approx 35 mins to approx 39 mins.)
- Simon Thorrington of The Charity Bank on responsible banking and specialist services for social enterprises – which Simon calculated make up 15% of SMEs – in an interview recorded at this week’s TownFunder conference. (Approx 40 mins to approx 46 mins.)
- Peter Rees, MD and founder of obstactle race blog and forum Mudstacle, in a live interview about turning his passion and hobby into a business. (Approx 46 mins to approx 57 mins.)
- Rob Law of children’s suitcase business Trunki – who bounced back from “Dragons Den” rejection to create a multi-million turnover global business, and Paul Lawton of O2 – on entrepreneurship. (Excerpt of the interview played in show from 57 – 60 mins; full interview available below.)
You can listen to / download the podcast of the whole show here (available for approx 60 days from 5 April). Or listen to some of the interviews:
Charity Bank interview:
Trunki and O2 interview:
The BusinessLive! show broadcasts every Friday from 9am to 10am on Sheffield Live!