Photo – Paulo Ordoveza, used under Creative Commons 2.0 License
Do you have a photogenic pet, a cute kitty or handsome hound?
Then enter our competition – you could win vouchers from Cookes Pet Supplies and Harrison Cameras.
All you have to do is send us a photograph. Whether your pet is a beloved moggy, pampered pooch, or perhaps a gerbil, hamster, or something more exotic, as long as the photograph is of your own, legally owned pet, whether it’s cute or simply mugging for the camera, we’d love to see your best picture!
Alongside basking in the fame and glory of your picture of your pet being published, there are great prizes for winners:
- 1st prize: £25 voucher from Cookes Pet Supplies and £25 voucher from Harrison Cameras
- 2nd prize: £15 voucher from Cookes Pet Supplies and £15 voucher from Harrison Cameras
- 3rd prize: £10 voucher from Cookes Pet Supplies and £10 voucher from Harrison Cameras
How to enter
It’s really simple to enter. Just send your photograph to email@example.com – please send files no larger than 1 MB.
The deadline to enter is 31st August 2014.
We’ll publish entries online here at www.sheffieldlive.org (and via our facebook page) and invite our viewers to vote on their favourites.
Viewers’ votes (between 1 and 14 September) will be counted and used to make a shortlist of the top five photographs. Then on 15 September our Sheffield Live team of animal loving judges will decide the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes out of the shortlist.
We’re grateful to Cookes Pet Supplies for sponsoring this competition. Family run since the 1940s, Cookes’ staff are trained nutritional advisors and are on hand to help with any special requirements your pet may need catering for. Visit their stores in Sheffield or Rotherham or find them online – click and collect is now available: www.cookespetsupplies.co.uk
We’d also like to thank Cookes and Harrison Cameras for supplying prizes.
Terms and Conditions
In addition to our normal standard terms and conditions of competition entry, the following special terms also apply to this competition:
1. Entrants retain copyright of their photographs but grant Sheffield Live, Cookes Pet Stores and Harrison Cameras unlimited useage rights to publish their photographs online only in articles and marketing material connected to this competition;
2. Only one entry per person – an entry comprises of one photograph;
3. You may only enter the competition if you are the owner of the copyright of the photograph you are submitting;
4. Photographs may not contain illegal or pornographic images;
5. Photographs will be voted on by Sheffield Live listeners / website viewers between 1 and 14 September; the highest scoring 5 photographs will be shortlisted; on 15 September the judges will decide on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes out of the five shortlisted photographs; the judges will be Sheffield Live! volunteers / staff; the judges’ decision regarding prizes will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding reasons for choices; no-one connected with the judges will be able to enter.
Enter the competition now – send a picture of your pet to firstname.lastname@example.org