With a programme jam-packed full of variety and a live event line-up littered with exclusives and hidden gems, Sheffield Doc/Fest is set to provide a diverse feast for all, once more.
We’ve previewed the festival on Sheffield Live! with great insights from the organisers, in a number of interviews:
- Chris Arnold stepped in to chat with Heather Croall (festival director) and Hussain Currimbhoy (festival programmer) in a Doc/Fest preview special – podcast here;
- Hussain Currimbhoy discussed this year’s festival programme – and the Devil’s Arse (a cave in Castleton, which provides a great location for screenings of Happiness, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, and Visitors) – with Van Connor on Saturday 31st May’s Slam Dunk Cinema – podcast here (31st May show);
- And Hussain joined Dale Le Fevre on yesterday’s Communities Live show – podcast here (3 June show).
Some of the documentaries discussed in the interviews include Nowhere Is Home, Happiness, Beyond Clueless, Adam Buxton’s David Bowie BUG special, Finding Fela, All Is Mayhem, Still The Enemy Within, Love Is All (screening at Chatsworth), Miners Shot Down, A Beautiful Noise and Pulp: A Film About Life, Death & Supermarkets. Interviews also covered the extraordinary diversity and variety of this year’s film festival and conference programme; the Doc/Fest app; and the special Interactive at Doc/Fest pass
Now in its 21st Year, Sheffield Doc/Fest is one of the top three documentary festivals and markets in the world.
The interviews also provide a fascinating insight into the massive planning that goes into a festival of this stature.
- See the full Doc/Fest programme at a glance with the 2014 Pocket Guide, including films, sessions, Interactive, parties, events and more. Click here to view the Pocket Guide.
- Get the Doc/Fest app here.
- Find out more about Sheffield Doc/Fest and how to register for this year’s event (or how to get hold of an interactive pass) at http://www.sheffdocfest.com